Head of Maintenance
We’re driven by our purpose to build real communities, which enhance the lives of our residents every single day. If you’re looking for a career which means more and gives you more, personally and professionally, there’s a place for you here at Inspired Villages.
In partnership with Legal & General PLC and NatWest Pension Trustee Limited, with hugely ambitious (and very achievable) growth plans, we are seeking a Head of Maintenance to manage our grounds and maintenance team.
The role will suit a dynamic, confident, and passionate Head of Maintenance who can think outside the box, identify process improvements, and implement best practice solutions. You will be passionate about developing the grounds and the village, while offering exceptional levels of customer service.
- Managing the grounds and maintenance team to support prioritising and undertaking of work requested by residents
- Taking responsibility for the maintenance and gardening budgets
- Operating a chargeable repairs and maintenance plan in line with the village requirements
- Working with the maintenance team, undertaking repair and preventive maintenance works including legionella control, residential checks and repairs, fire safety and other statutory requirements
- Liaising with contractors when they visit site, checking any associated paperwork, and ensuring all works undertaken meet the necessary standards
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is serviced and maintained through external contracts where necessary
- Management of suppliers offering service and maintenance support at the village, ensuring all contracts agreed at village level meet Inspired Villages standards
- Overseeing and operating vehicles on site, reporting any vehicle maintenance issues
- Ensuring the team have all training needs identified and ensure all internal and external training courses that are deemed relevant to the roles are attended.
- Previously worked as a Head of Maintenance or Maintenance Manager, within the hospitality, real estate or care sector would be ideal
- Experience with completing logs, identifying faulty equipment, and reporting
- Experience in the inspection of plumbing and electrical systems
- Qualified in Health and Safety, COSSH or similar would be desirable
- Holds a full driving licence (with a category D inclusion).
- This is a full-time opportunity where the Head of Maintenance will work 37.5 hours per week; 5 over 7 days, between the hours of 7.00am and 9.00pm.
- Medicash health plan
- Life Assurance at x4 your annual salary
- 28 days annual leave (increasing by 1 for each year served)
- Gift of Time – 3 additional days leave for charity or voluntary work per year
- Big birthdays off (those ending in a 0)
- 5% matched pension scheme
- Retail discounts on a variety of outlets
- Cycle to work scheme
- Electric car scheme
- Access to SMART tech
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Working in an incredible workspace, with a gym, social areas, and parking.
More enjoyment. More satisfaction. More like one big family. If you’re looking for a career that means more and gives you more, hit that apply button!
- Location:Ampfield Meadows
- Salary:£35,000 to £40,000 per annum
- Hours per week:37.5
- Vacancy type:Full time, permanent